Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloweeeeeen!!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hello hello!

As you can see, our P-Day was changed to today because of some zone leader conference going on in Edinburgh. So that's why you are getting the emails today. But I just want you all to know - I love reading your emails so much! I wish I had more time to make longer replys but know that I print them out and you can usually find me smiling and even laughing out loud when I'm reading about your weeks and what you have to say. I absolutely love it.

I can't believe tomorrow is Halloween; that is so crazy! Halloween is celebrated over here, but it's not as big. And on top of that, here in Irvine the parents don't let their children go out trick or treating for safety reasons so we probably won't see very many little ones running around which is sad. We're not allowed to be out on Halloween night as well, so we have planned to stay in a member's home and do some service for them. I'm kind of bummed we won't be able to see little kiddos running around in cute costumes. I hope all of you have fun tomorrow night!

This upcoming week will be busy because we are having another sister exchange! I'll be shipped off to Pollock, Scotland with Sister P.. I've met her already and she's really cute/fun so I'm excited. Actually, all of the sisters that I have met in our mission are really cute, fun girls so I'm really not even worried about what companions I could have in the future! We have some amazing girls here. I guess with this sister exchange, I have mixed feelings though. We're really in the swing of things right now and I'll be gone for 2 days this time and I'll be missing all of the appointments we have set in those 2 days so I'm kind of bummed! I feel like I'm going to get behind on how everyone's doing that we are teaching/meeting with. Kind of the feeling of having to catch up on homework or something. I don't want to miss out! But it will be fun to live the life of the Pollock sisters for a couple of days and see what it's like for them.

Anyways, this past week has been good! We've focused on teaching the Restoration to Helen (30's) and her son Shawn (10) and that's been going well. Shawn has the most amazing questions and insights- it just blows my mind. I was no where near his intelligence at 10 years old. Haha. I love those two so much. Our visits with them are always fun.

We are working on teaching 3 investigators right now. They're all in the beginning wood works so nothing too much to report yet. It's just difficult teaching men because we always have to find a female to come with us for those lessons! Luckily, our friend from the ward who's leaving for her mission in a couple of months has just finished up with school, she has been coming out a lot with us for lessons. We kind of have a little trio friendship going on. It's a lot of fun. Her name's Iona and she is a solid girl. Her parents are separated, her mom isn't a member, and her dad is less active and she is just a solid rock in the gospel and she's always happy/cheerful/helpful with the ward. We can just see how much she strengthens the ward. She amazes me. So she's been with us a lot since we are working with a lot of men right now. She'll be serving in Burmingham, England starting in January!

I'm really growing attached to Irvine and its people and ward. Before I was thinking it would be really fun to transfer somewhere else, but now I'm getting quite comfortable and settled in so I wouldn't mind staying here for a bit! Transfer calls are coming around Nov 19th. Chances are that Sister T. will be transferring somewhere else because she has been in this area for almost 6 months now. And chances are I will be staying because I've only been here for a few months. It sounds like everyone stays in each area for about 6 months on average, sometimes 9. But who knows, anything can happen!

I love the work. I love teaching people the good news that the gospel brings! It's always such a great opportunity to help people understand the reality of God being our loving Heavenly Father, the plan He has for us, and the chance we have to repent of all mistakes because of Christ's suffering for us. They are simple doctrines to us, but to these people, it's a life changing factor and my testimony of the gospel is growing so much- especially of the simple, but powerful truths that we all know. We are so blessed to have been raised in the gospel. I love sharing it with those here in Irvine who are willing to listen. It's good stuff!

Love you all. Happy Halloween!

Love you,
Sister Knab

No comments:

Post a Comment