Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Is it really October already?

Can you get my email with the pictures attached?? Let me know!
October 1, 2012
Hi everyone,
Sorry about the scare last week! I'm fine. Monday was a holiday so we couldn't use the library's computers and so on Tuesday was when we emailed but then I found out today that the email didn't send correctly. Struggles.
This week has been interesting. A few big things to report-
  1. Yvonne. We have sadly decided to not continue with Yvonne. The past couple of weeks she has slipped back to her old habits, has stopped coming to church, and has no more desire with anyting about the church. It broke our hearts. But on top of that, we have learned that she is extremely unstable- we're talking bi polar. So we were feeling pretty uncomfortable in her home because she tends to throw objects when she gets really angry and so our last lesson we had with her, we had our ward mission leader come with us because he wanted to. Well, after the lesson, he told us it's up to us but that if we were his daughters he would forbid us from going back into her home because of the state she is in. We had been feeling the same way recently so we have stopped working with Yvonne. I feel so bad for her. Her life is in shambles and the gospel would have blessed her with comfort and peace. We dropped by a birhtday card for her yesterday and we continue to pray for her.
  2. Jon. Jon is our new investigator! We met him about a week and half ago and he gave us his phone number. We called him and he didn't answer but this week, we realized we hadn't tried calling him again so I called him to see if we could meet with him and he said yes and he said he was available to meet right then! So we met him by ASDA (Knock off of Walmart) and taught him. He said he had read the Restoration Pamplet we had given him so that was good to hear. We have now met with him twice. He's in his mid 20's- late 20's, really nice, and the type of person to just love learning about all religions. He grew up in a home where his Mom was Catholic and his Dad was Protestant so there was a lot of religious conflict within the home and so he's always just interested to hear about what people believe. He asked US if he could come to church with us on Sunday. I loved that; we were planning on inviting him at the end of the lesson but he asked us during it! He's really receptive, respectful, and is full of questions. We love it. Unfortunately, he didn't show up to church yesterday; we were so bummed! But last night he texted us and said, 'I'm sorry I never attended church today. I could give you a thousand different excuses, but I feel I at least owe you the truth. Like all my worst decisions, it stemmed from cowardice, I would undestand if you wouldn't want to see me again- Jon' So I of course called him right back and told him we understand and of course want to continue meeting with him!!! So he's coming to our Tuesday night FHE we have with investigators/less actives/recent converts each week. We're taking the bus with him so he'll feel more comfortable coming! I'm excited about him :) He seems to be really searching for truth and trying to decide what he believes. He told us that one thing he likes about our lessons is that we can apply ancient scritpure to our day and to each of us. He said he's been having a hard time seeing how ancient scripture can really help us. So I'm glad we were able to help him see that. It really is amazing how everything the prophets have written are for US, in THIS day and age, and it provides instruction for our lives and really does bring happiness and answers to life's questions! So
  3. Pancake Night. We planned a fun activity for last Friday! It was a huge hit. We put together a pancake night, played games, and watched gospel videos on a projector screen. We coordinated it with the elders and our ward mission leader- it was a HUGE HIT! I was so happy with how it went and that everyone was willing and wanting to help plan it! We invited all of our investigators, less actives, recent converts, and some members. It was such a great night. We want to continue doing some sort of family fun night once a month. I attached a picture of some of the people who came! (I unfortunatley didn't think to take a picture till later)
So those were some things that happened this week! Other small bits- I tried lamb for my first time. Wasn't horrible. Didn't love it, but I would eat it again. Last night I made lasagne for our Sunday dinner and I caught the oven mit on fire from the stove! What is my deal?! That is twice this year!! First my shirt catching on fire and now the oven mit! At least this time, I didn't have to stop, drop, and roll, I just had to race over to the sink to put it under cold water haha. Goodness.
The work is moving forward! There are many ups and downs, but I know that the Lord is mindful of his people, and if we put our faith in him, and work hard then we will start to see miracles.
Oh, and I AM SO EXCITED FOR CONFERENCE!!! I have been so excited for it the past few weeks. Can't belive it's here! YAY! I feel like it's Christmas. Haha.
Love you all! Have a good week!
Sister Knab

For some reason we didn't get the picture email that she is referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment