Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012 Letter

Monday, October 22, 2012

My Family!!

How is everyone? I am doing well right now. This past week has been a really good week- busy busy. We were up in Edinburgh with the other missionaries in our mission for some special training and we had a lot of other meetings this week so it's been a different kind of week- but good. Because we haven't had the same amount of proselyting time, Sister T. and I had to powerhouse the last few days of the week to reach our goals, but we were able to do it for the most part!

A couple of things first- We haven't been able to reach Jon this week. His phone keeps going straight to answering machine. Not good. I really really hope it's just a phone problem or that he's busy. Our worst nightmare will be if he has blocked our number from calling him for some reason. I would be so disappointed/surprised because he is SOLID and doing so well. We'll try and catch him this week. We saw Yvonne in town this week. She had a broken nose and her nose was bleeding so bad because she had another epileptic attack ( I don't know if I ever told you she has epilepsy?), but this time it happened in McDonald's and she hit hard. The poor lady. We really feel for her. She still doesn't want to be taught anymore but we are getting her to come to 'Sewing Sisters' with the Relief Society every 2 weeks so at least that will get her foot back in the door! Just in case down the road she becomes more fully prepared for the gospel. It will be good to have the support of the Relief Society and be around their positive and spiritual influences. I tell ya- working with investigators does not go as smooth sailing as I imagined it would!

Last night was a fun night for us. The other day we had pulled out our ward list and said a prayer to come across a name of someone who is in need. We came across 3 names that we decided we would go by and visit- all people who have fallen away from the church. Last night we went by one of those names we had chosen and it was a really neat experience. We knocked on the door and Helen (late 30's) answered and she took us right in. She was so excited to see us and we were in the process of taking our coats off and sitting down when she just goes 'I want to come back to church! I haven't been in 10 years. I want to stop smoking. I want to fix my life. I need your help, though. Can you help me?' It was the most amazing thing because I know it wasn't coincidence that we came across her name and chose to go and see her. The Lord directed us to her. She kept on saying how she couldn't believe that we were actually there and saying how much she was looking for help and needs the church again in her life. She has a ten year old son, Shawn, who is not a member of the church and he sat in on our lesson as well. We gave him a book of mormon and he said he is going to start reading it! (He's brilliant too. That boy knows more history than I do. So I think he will really enjoy reading the Book of Mormon. He's really intelligent.) He wants to come to church and we have another appointment to come and teach him and his mom. They are both so cute! We all connected really well and we have some good stuff ahead of us- helping Helen quit smoking, coming back to church, and teaching Shawn the lessons so he can be baptized, is our hope!

We really see amazing things happen out here as we heavily include the Lord in the work. He knows who's prepared and it's exciting when we are placed in front of someone who needs the gospel. It was a great week. I'm really happy and Sister T. and I are doing very well. Making your companion your friend is such an important thing I am realizing. We are doing well!

Love you guys,
Sister Knab

PS- The pictures attached are of Dean's Castle last week. So fun!

I am not really sure why these pictures uploaded sideways. I have tried several things to fix it but haven't has success yet. So for the time being, enjoy these sideways photos.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment