Monday, November 5, 2012
Hi My Cute Family,
Thank you for the sweet Birthday wishes! I can't believe it's my birthday on Thursday. That's just crazy. A lady in our ward found out that it's my birthday so she's having us over for dinner, so that's really sweet of her! So that's the plan. :)
This weekend has been the most incredible weekend. We had the sister exchange and it was the most amazing 2 days! Holy Cow. Sister P. is a phenomenal missionary. I am so excited to apply what I learned from her. On Friday, Sister P. and I were able to see so much success! We were able to get 4 new investigators on that day! I've never seen that much success in one day and I asked her if that happens a lot to them and she said it never does- so we were both really excited! We taught one lady the Restoration in the library and she wants to be taught and we ended up teaching her the next morning as well. Then later a lady let us into her home and we taught her the Restoration and she wants to be taught. Then we had a dinner appointment with a member and the member's nephew came in (late 20's) and Sister P. and I looked at each other with eyes of 'Lets teach him!' So we visited with him and started teaching him and we got a return appointment with him as well. But my favorite moment of the day as the last investigator we were able to get.
There's an African family in the Pollock ward that just lost their mom last week. She had slipped in a river and ended up drowning. The family has a 17 year old boy and 6 year old boy. And the dad is no longer in the picture- he had left the family a long time ago. So this sweet 17 year old boy, Findu and his 6 year old brother, Luna are living alone right now and had just gotten back home from being away at the funeral. Sister P. and I called the Pollock senior couple, the McConnels to come with us to go and visit them. They welcomed us in and the feeling in their home was so tender. They tried to smile as they let us in and their 22 year old uncle was there as well. The home was quiet, and I could really feel the spirit strongly in the home when we entered. We sat down all together and said an opening prayer. After the prayer, I opened my mouth to start off the lesson, and I just starting crying. Like, waterfalls of tears. It was so emotional. I had just heard about the accident and then sitting in that home with parentless children and seeing how sad they were, I just broke down. Which made the Findu and Luna start crying and then the Mcconnells and Sister P. started crying. I felt bad I had started a chain reaction, but I couldn't help it. I felt so bad for these boys. Finally I was able to gain some control and I told them how sorry I was to hear their news and I told them how I had lost mom when I was 17 and so I know the type of pains that they are going through. So I shared my experience with them of how I was able to cope and we bore testimony to them of the plan of salvation and that they will see their mom again. It was the most tender, spiritual, tear-filled lesson. The 22 year old uncle is not a member and after the lesson he told us he wants to come to church and be taught. My heart just hurts every time I think of these sweet boys. Sister McConnel is setting up dinner appointments for them because they don't know how to cook and so they have just been eating cereal.
It was an incredible day and Sister T. and I were able to get 2 new investigators yesterday. So great things ahead! I need to get going, my time is up! But I love you all so much!
Take care,
Sister Knab
No comments:
Post a Comment