Monday, November 26, 2012

Catherine!

26 November 2012

My little Family,

How is everyone? The only information I know about our Christmas call is that we will be at a member's house, skyping probably. It sounds like we will get one hour to chat. That is nothing at all. That will fly by, but we'll take what we can get! I'm excited to see/talk to you all :) I hope I don't get emotional. We'll see. I'll probably be skyping you in the evening my time so it will be a morning phone call for you. I'll try to make it so you aren't waking up at the crack of dawn :) I'll let you know exact times later when the time is closer.

Anyways, this week has been a crazy one! But a good crazy. Sister Jedlickova is a fun companion. She's kind of crazy and has a lot of quirks but it makes things entertaining and keeps me laughing. Her accent is the funniest accent I have ever heard. It's a combination of Czech, American, and Irish. Her accent is easily influenced depending on who she spends a lot of time with. Maybe you'll be able to hear it at Christmas time- it's funny!

We had an exciting thing happen to us on Saturday! We were heading out for the morning to do some finding before an appointment and we got a phone call from an unknown number. I answered it and it was a lady asking about the church. Sister T. and I had chapped her street last week and when people aren't home, we post a pass along card with our cell phone number on the back. Well this lady, Catherine, had picked up the pass along card that we had posted and she called us because she was interested in learning more! That never happens! So Sister Jedlickova and I went to her home right then because she was available and we taught her. She accepted the Book of Mormon, is reading it, and came to church with us yesterday! So that was a really unexpected, exciting addition to our teaching pool of investigators! Our teaching pool is gradually increasing and it makes life so good and so exciting. It's the best.

Catherine's first day at church was a little eventful yesterday though. Haha. She came to church having had a little too much wine to drink. She was doing a lot of crazy things like waving to the bishopric on the stand trying to see if they would wave back. Then one of the speakers was talking about how he is one of 6 kids and Catherine called out WELL I'M ONE OF ELEVEN!!!. Like, soo loud. Haha. Oh my heavens. Luckily, the ward is used to investigators who sometimes come intoxicated so it really didn't even phase anyone. They're good sports and are really understanding, loving, and accepting of everyone that comes to church with us and the elders. They're used to it. We haven't quite gotten to the word of wisdom lesson with her, but I think we'll be approaching it sooner than later. Haha. She's a really great lady. I can see her being in the Relief Society presidency; she's really caring and considerate of everyone. Once we get wine and smoking out of her life, she will be solid!

Life is good right now. I've got a good companion, a handful of investigators, and Christmas upon us! I hope you all have a good week!

Love,
Sister Knab

PS- About an hour ago President Brown called us and when we saw that he was calling, we both panicked because he only calls if someone is needing to be moved so we thought he was going to be changing us or something! Then when we picked up, he asked to talk to ME. My heart starting pounding because I had no clue why he would be calling. He told me he wanted to talk to me about my weekly email I sent him last week- that made me even more nervous because I couldn't remember what I had said! Turns out he just wanted permission from me to quote me on what I had talked about in his weekly email to everyone. Phew. That was the craziest moment. We were both so worried about why he was calling because there's about 150 missionaries in our mission so Pres. Brown doesn't just up and call people often! Haha. Anyways, just kind of a funny little thing that happened this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment