Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Hi my Family!

I can't believe it's December already. Christmas is so soon! I can't wait! This week we've gotten a few invites to come over to people's homes on Christmas. Everyone is so sweet and thoughtful. We will be spending Christmas with the Wildes. I absolutely love this family!! They feed us every Wednesday night and hold a family home evening in their home every Tuesday night that we bring our investigators and less actives to and we teach them all together there. Brother Wilde is the former ward mission leader and he was called to be a stake high councilman a while ago but he still likes to stay involved in missionary work. They are amazing. And they have a large, young family so it will be a fun Christmas!

This week has been interesting. It's the end of the month and so we have been super low on funds. Especially because of all of the travelling that Sister Jedlickova and I have both been doing- so we ran out of money and food this week. We get reimbursed for travel expenses but our reimbursements haven't come through. So I attached a picture of our fridge and the food that we lived off of this week. Haha little sad. And since we ran out of money, we couldn't buy a bus pass so we were walking 10x as much and eating 10x less. We were basically in survival mode. Haha it was ridiculous. I ended up pulling out personal money to buy us both bus passes and some basic foods to last us haha ohhh the life of a missionary. Haha last month a couple of elders called us on a Sunday night and asked if we just had some bread that they could make french toast with because they were starving since it was the end of the month. If you want to help the missionaries survive, you can have them over for dinner at the end of each month!! Haha. Actually, it might be different in Utah since the prices of groceries aren't so high. But we run out of money fast and easily.

But this week has been good. There's a lot of excitement in the air with everyone running around shopping for Christmas so it's nice for finding because A LOT of people are in the town during the day so we can talk to a lot of people. It's getting cooooold over here. Just the same as in Utah I'm sure, but it's just freezing being in it day and night.

We met a lady named Iris this week, within a minute of us talking to her, she invited us over for some cakes and hot chocolate. She said she used to have the sister missionaies over years ago. Actually, she thought I was the sister missionary from years ago. She was like 'Oh yes! I remember you! You came to my home a few years ago'... So I told her how I've actually only been here for a few months and she stared at me blankly and was like 'Are you sure? I'm sure it was you.' Haha so apparently I have a twin somewhere out in the world! Kind of funny. But we taught her last night, it was a good lesson and I see good things ahead for her!

Anyways, I have to go! But I love you all! Take care!¬

Sister Knab


No comments:

Post a Comment