Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 27, 2013

My Family,
We're doing well this week. Saturday was the big Bagpipe Championships! There were 3200 men in kilts performing in their pipe bands. Haha. It all happened right here in Bathgate so we took advantage and grabbed the Livingston elders and we set up a stand with cookies and pamphlets and book of mormons and used that time to find people! It was loads of fun. Lots of excitement in the air with people running around and thousands of kilted men with bagpipes- it was crazy! Plus the weather was beautiful- we were in short sleeved shirts and got sun burned. I didn't know you could get sun burned in Scotland? I think Saturday was the extent of our summer! But it was so great!
Our first day at the ward was yesterday. There's about 60 active- so it's the smallest ward I've been apart of in my life but it's a neat experience. I LOVE the people in the Livingston ward. They are incredible. We have loads of support, dinner appointments, and offers to come out teaching with us. We just need to increase our teaching pool a little more so we can get these offers to good use! But we have good potential appointments this week. Great things are on the horizon that we are excited about.
Sorry this one is so short but I spent most of the remaining time I have trying to figure out how to attach pictures for you! It only let me attach 3. I have so many more I want to show you. But the ones it did let me attach are of the following....the first one is of Sister Valadez, me, and Sister Oliphant. The next one was a funny moment we had from this week. We were leaning against this fence looking at a map, and 3 giant dogs came up and jumped on my back because my back was facing them. (They're friendly dogs, but seeing Sister Valadez and Sister Oliphant's faces made me think that someone was coming up from behind to kill me! haha) So we took this moment to talk to the owner of the house. He was nice and we asked if we could get a picture. The last picture is of the town center in Bathgate which is right outside of our neighborhood.
Well my time is up. Woops. Next week's email will be better- I promise! Love you!
Sister Knab

No comments:

Post a Comment