Hi my Family,
I have 15 mins to type something up so I'll need to be quick. I'm sorry I won't be able to reply individually to your emails but I'm printing them out so I can read them and then I'll get back to you next week!
This week has been fairly rough on Sister Jedlickova and I. Our week started off really high and exciting and unfortunatley ended on a low. At the beginning of the week, we taught Ann and we had the most AMAZING lesson with her. She was beaming and was so excited about what we were teaching her. She said she gets tingely feelings when we meet with her and she takes that as a sign that what we're teaching her is true. (Spot on, huh? She just gets it! It's amazing.) We invited her to be baptised and she said yes and we set a date for Febuary 3rd! She was seriously glowing when we invited her to be baptised. It sent shivers through my body and Sister Jed got emotional. I can't describe it; it was the most amazing feeling. But then yesterday she didn't come to church and we got a text from her saying that her husband had come back from his business trip and was really not happy that she had accepted to be baptised and she said she will have to re-think it and she canceled our next appointment. And that's the point we're at. I am so sad!!! She's incredible and we know that she understands that it's true and she feels the spirit and she wants to be baptised but she's not willing to do it without her husband's approval. So that's the point we're at with her. She's coming across some strong opposition and obstacles right now and I hope hope hope that we can help overcome this! But as now, things are looking too good.
Also this week, Etta was planning on coming to church for her first time but she had her family over on Saturday and we don't know what happened exactly, but she said she talked to her family about how she's meeting with us and they weren't too pleased and so she gave us a call and said she wouldn't be coming to church like she planned.
A couple of other similar things happened this week but I won't continue on with it. Basically, it's been a hard week. Our investiagors are experiencing heavy opposition and obstacles right and it's so disheartnening to experience. I really care about these people so much and it makes me so so happy to see them making good choices and progressing in the gospel and each of them has taken a big hit this week. So we're praying hard and hoping that they can push through these obstacles they are facing!
Got to go. We're keeping the faith though! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment