Monday, February 18, 2013

February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013.

Hi my Family,

Sister Jedlickova and I had a pretty good week. It was a little slow with finding new people to teach. But maybe after a drought, there comes a flood right? Haha we're planning on this week being better in that aspect. But our current investigators are doing well! Especially Kathleen. She is doing amazing. She is completely off of smoking and drinking tea! We are so excited. That was kind of our hold up for a little bit but she was praying hard to have the strength to quit, we were praying for her, you told me you've been praying for her as well and she did it!!! And she's loving being a non-smoker too! So thank you so much for thinking about praying for her. That really meant a lot and helped too! Now we're in the mode of figuring out all of the little details for her baptism. Yesterday we showed her the baptismal font and demonstrated how it will work. She's still trying to decide who she wants to have baptize her but I think she's leaning towards having our ward mission leader, Jim Ferguson, do it. Her baptismal interview is set for next week with our district leader and the baptism will be on Saturday, February 23rd. So everything is on target for Kathleen! Exciting stuff. What I love about Kathleen is her absolute commitment to everything. Once she came out to church, she hasn't missed a single Sunday and she stays the whole time and comes every week to our family home evening we hold and makes it a priority and cancels other things if needed. She's fully committed to it all and doesn't miss a beat! One of my favorite things is hearing her prayers. I absolutely love hearing our investigators pray for the first time and each time afterwards. I think it's one of my favorite parts about being a missionary is hearing someone talking to Heavenly Father and opening up their hearts to Him for the first time in their life. It's amazing. I absolutely love it.

This week we also had exchanges with the Pollock sisters. Last week we had one with the Eastkilbride sisters- we've been busy with travelling! It's always fun to do exchanges and learn new things from each other and to be in a different area in some cases. Always an adventure.

Okay, I really don't have that much to say this week, but I'm happy and doing well and hope you all have a good week and Happy Valentine's Day on Thursday!

Love you,
Sister Knab

No comments:

Post a Comment