Hi My Family,
We've had a good week here in our little Irvine town! We're really seeing some good success coming from our family home evenings we hold every Tuesday. It has really grown! Back in September when we started, we had just invited a couple of people to teach over at Brother Wilde's home. Now, we have so many less actives and investigators willing to come out, that we had to move it to the church! So every week we focus on inviting the people we teach to come out to Tuesday night family home evenings where the elders and us take turns each week teaching a lesson and Brother Wilde provides his projector and laptop to share mormon messages that go along with the topic and we organize a different game every time and Sister Wilde provides trays full of food! It's becoming a big hit! We had to talk to Bishop about borrowing the church's 16-person mini bus for Brother Wilde to pick people up for the night because we don't have enough cars to do it. But it's really turning into an amazing missionary tool. Like with our investigator, Siobhan who is 20 years old, she has started to come out the past couple of weeks to our family home evening and last week and brought her boyfriend unexpectedly and we were able to teach them both again last night and they are both coming out again tomorrow night! And a few other things like that have happened as a result of this family home evening. It's such a good finding tool because the people who come, enjoy themselves, and so they invite their friends to come along. It's amazing. I am so happy with how things are going with it!
This is Kathleen's big week! Her baptism is this Saturday and her interview with our district leader is tomorrow before family home evening. So if everything goes well, then Kathleen is set to be baptized this week!! We are so excited for her. I don't even know if I ever told you how we found Kathleen. We met her just before Christmas time. We were walking in between two appointments we had and she was walking towards us and we had just stopped her along the way. That simple. It wasn't a grand inspirational experience either of us had where we had envisioned somewhere where we needed to go. The Lord had just placed her in our path, we opened our mouths, and here we are- preparing for her baptism this Saturday! It's amazing how the Lord works.
Moves calls are happening next Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in Irvine still since SIster Jedlickova is leaving. Haha. They usually don't take both sisters out of the area. So I'm planning on sticking around for a little while longer. (Sister Jedlickova stayed in her first area for 10 1/2 months and that's not uncommon) But I'm okay with it! I really love Irvine and the ward and the people. It's become home for me so I'm happy to stay. But I'll be excited when I can see something else too. Haha.
Love you guys. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment