Hello my cute parents,
I have arrived safely to the Preston, England MTC! They got rid of the whole send a postcard that would get to you in a week and half later to tell you I have made it safely. Haha. Yay for catching up with the times. I only have a minute, but I'm supposed to tell you three things:
I have arrived safely.
My P-Days here will be Tuesdays. So look for my emails then.
You will be receiving an invitation to a Picasa Web Album today that will have pictures of me and the other elders/sisters at the MTC. So look for that in your email. (It might show up in your spam mail). They need you to let me know when you have accessed the site and have seen the pictures
Everything with flights and luggage went smoothly! What a relief. At the Salt Lake Airport, I have never been so excited to see elders in my whole life!! I looked up from reading over my flight information and saw a line of 6 elders heading towards me with huge smiles. (I guess my name tag gave me away that I was one of them ha) and I just screamed, ELDERS!!!! It was an instant bond. No process of friendship was needed with us. Haha. I think we all needed each other. We were all going through the same thing, and going to the same mission so we all felt close together instantly. We shuffled around like penguins in one big clump throughout the airports. It reminded me of what little boys look like when they are on soccer teams. One big clump around the ball. Haha.
Wearing a name tag, you are either a celebrity or a freak. Members in the airport would take us under their wings and buy us cookies or just chat with us and cheer us on. In Salt Lake, I would hear whisperings like "Look mom! There's a sister missionary!" OR getting dirty looks like who the heck are you. It's been interesting. No one warned me how many stares I would get haha.
Anyways, I will write more on Tuesday. The MTC here is what I like to call a Private MTC- Cute England Cottage building with only about 50 of us. The sisters and elders in my MTC are awesome. The sisters here are from Singapore, Taiwan, Germany, Scotland (!!), and Canada. Oh, and Sandy, Utah. Haha. So it's cute because they all have strong accents and we're trying to understand each other and sometimes it's a struggle.
I have to go, but I love you both! Please tell the fam that my email address is (if you want Tiff's address please send me an email or leave a comment on this blog of how you know her. Since this is a public blog I don't want to openly post her email) I can send and receive emails from family members in the MTC. As far as friends rules, friends can email me in the MTC, but I will have to write them a letter. Pass along that info for me? Thank you!
Love you so much!
Sister Knab
The MTC took pictures of the arriving missionaries and sent them to the families. These are the ones with Sister Knab in them.
![]() |
| Walking into the MTC |
| Orientation Meeting |
| Emailing home |
| First meeting the morning after they get to there. All 7 sisters at the MTC. |
| Preston MTC |

I am so glad there is going to be a blog. Really hard to see her go but I wish her the best.
ReplyDeleteTiff looks great! I am so proud of her. She is going to be a great missionary!
ReplyDelete