Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Last Day at the MTC!

Family,
 
Today is my last day at the MTC! It's not a preparation day so they are giving us even less time to email. I can't believe it's here already!!! That flew by! There are 14 of us going to Scotland/Ireland and we are leaving tomorrow morning at 4 AM. (Yes, 4 AM, that was not a typo haha) We are taking a bus and it will only be about a 3 1/2 hour drive. They told us to keep tennis shoes with us in our personal bags because my mission president and his wife are taking us on a hike to the top of a hill where we will overlook all of Edinburgh, Scotland. Sooo excited for that. I'm feeling really, really ancy. I am ready to get out and going. You all said I would feel that way and it's true. I'm very ready. Haha. Also, verrrrrrry nervous about meeting my first companion. That's my only fear right now haha.
 
We were able to go street contacting again this week. Lets just say last week's street contacting was a dream compared to this week's. But that's okay. We had 2 hours of rejection pretty much. We got called 'homophobics' (because they know we don't believe in homosexuality) and I had one guy ask me where my husband and his wives were at. One guy told me to not waste my time doing what I'm doing because 'Manchester is a godless place'. Haha. BUT, the last 30 minutes we were able to get a couple of referrals.
 
Faith is something that has been on my mind this week. We were told that faith is the only thing standing in between us and the people who are prepared for us. I know that the Lord is 'able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him. Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.' (1 Nephi 7:12) I know that if we first exercise faith that the Lord can make all things possible, then he will make it known unto us. It reminded me of when Christ was on the earth ministering among the people and he would ask them if they had the faith to be healed, and if they said yes, then he would heal them. (Matthew 9:28-29: 'Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea Lord. Then thouched he their eyes, saying, according your faith be it unto you).  I know the same is with me and with all of you. As we first put our faith in Him, then He will bring to pass what we are needing or hoping for. It also reminded me of when Dad and I were talking about faith one time and he said 'It'll be amazing if the day comes when we look outside our front window and see that the Little Cottonwood Canyon has disappeared because someone had enough faith to move it.' Haha.
 
Well, I love you all so much. I'm off to the land of the Scots and kilts and fish & chips and rain and foregin language! I'm so excited.
 
Hope you all have a great week,
 
Sister Knab

PS Just plan on sending things to my mission home until I get the address of our first flat

Since Tiff's email was short and she didn't get to send any pictures this week, I decided to just post some of the ones that the MTC people took.

The Relief Society group


Companions


I liked this one in front of the temple because of how Tiff is soaking in the sun. She was so worried about not seeing the sun for the next 18 months. :)


Sister Knab's district with their instructors

Group picture while out touring the area


Another district photo


Practicing singing in small groups



I think this was a group photo in front of the apartment President Hinckley stayed in when he was a misisonary

1 comment:

  1. I think I went on that same hike you will be going on! You look so happy Sister knabb. I am so excited for you, and the people who will come in contact with you.

    ReplyDelete