Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

We just had the best weekend! Jonathan and Phillip's baptism was on Saturday afternoon. It was the neatest experience having it at a lake! There was a special spirit as we stood by the side of this beautiful little lake. We had the majority of the program at our church and then travelled to the lake where us and the elders sang 'I Know that My Redeemer Lives' right before they entered the water and while we were singing, a robyn bird came and landed on a tree branch near us. Robyns here in Ireland are a symbol of Jesus Christ so while we kept on singing in oblivion, some of the members gasped and a few even became emotional by the appearance of a robyn, symbolizing Jesus Christ, while we were singing 'I know that my Redeemer lives'. Pretty neat.

So Phillip and Jonathan did it- they braved the freezing water and were baptized! They were a little shocked at just how cold the water was- later explaining to us that Africa lakes are much warmer than Ireland lakes haha. Poor guys, but they survived and they fulfilled their dream of being baptized in a lake rather than in a font. Sister Henkel and I had been praying all week that the weather would be nice for the baptism. The afternoon of the baptism was SO beautiful! It was sunny and dry for us- so warm that some people were only wearing a light sweater. It was more like September weather, rather than December weather. Then a couple of hours after the baptism, the clouds rolled in and it became dark and started pouring. Heavenly Father was so good to us to allow a window of time for sunny weather! It made the experiene so enjoyable. I attached some pictures of the baptism from Sister Henkel's camera so hopefully you can view them without any problems. It was a great day.
Moves calls were last night and Sister Henkel and I will be staying in Waterford. Woot woot! We're excited to stay here together.
We got a new branch mission leader becuase ours left for his own mission. Our new mission leader is a 55 year old Irish man who was just baptized 5 months ago! He is so great. He conducted the baptism program this weekend for his first time and he was so nervous but he did great, making only a few minor mistakes. We're excited to work with him.

This past transfer has just been absolutely incredible. I have never seen so many miralces than being here with Sister Henkel in Waterford these past 6 weeks. I am so happy. The gospel and being a missionary brings me so much joy. Pure joy that you can only experience when you are invovled with helping Heavenly Father with His great work. I love Him and I want to serve Him all of my days.
I love you! You are all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment