Monday, September 16, 2013

Lindy and Yolanda's Baptism

To my Disneyland Dwelling Family,
I can't believe you're at Disneyland... It doesn't seem real to me! You're all so good to email me, even with being in California! I wasn't expecting to hear from each of you. You're amazing. Thanks for taking the time. I expect many pictures as always :)
Yesterday was one of the best days ever. It was Lindy and Yolanda's baptism! It was a huge turn out and everything went smoothly. When Lindy and Yolanda came out in their whites, it was such a sweet sight. I love that! It was so fun to help them in the bathroom after they were baptized too. They were soaking and absolutely glowing. Biggest smiles ever. Yolanda, Lindy's daughter, said she felt so great she wanted to do it again. Haha. Lindy bore her testimony once they had changed and that was the highlight of the day for me. I thought I knew what happiness was before my mission, but I've been able to experience a whole new level of happiness out here and I felt it again while Lindy bore her simple, sincere testimony to the congregation and stated that she knows that she just made the right decision and how good it feels and how happy she is. Lets just say, I was not a brick as Dad calls it, while she was bearing her testimony. There might have been many tears. My word. I love them so much!!!! I was so happy in that moment, I really thought my heart was going to burst. The closest feelings I have had to those moments only come when I am in the temple. It's the most pure and light hearted joy that comes over me. This gospel is real! And Lindy and Yolanda's lives have been changed because of their faith and willingness to act on our message. I am so blessed to have been a part of teaching them and witnessing their growth and conversion. They are so special to me. I kept giving them big, squishy hugs throughout the day. They probably think I'm crazy. :)
I know you're reading this from the Disney house you've rented, so I'll keep it brief so you can head out for the day! Hope you have so much in Disneyland!

Love you lots!
-Sister Knab


PS- I attached pictures of the baptism. Hopefully it works. The last picture is of the Jwambie Family. They were the ones who introduced us to Lindy and Yolanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment