Monday, July 8, 2013

Sunshiiiii​iiiiiiiiii​iiine!!!!!​!!

My family,
It is BEAUTIFUL right now in Dublin. We are loving life. It has been so warm this past week and looks like it will be the same the rest of this week! I don't have much time to email today because we are going to the beach to be with our zone for P-day! I love seeing people's behavior here when it's sunny outside. The sidewalks are loaded with people just sitting around soaking it in - particuarly where all of the pubs are. The people from the pubs just come outside to sit in the sun so the streets are lined right now with people just enjoying the summer we are experiencing right now. I love it!
It's been a really good week for Sister Shead and I. Like I told you, we flew in on Wednesday to Edinburgh for our meetings. We had to wake up at 3:00AM for that travel time. Pretty crazy, but it all worked out. It was strange to be at an airport in the middle of my mission! I had some issues arriving back into the Republic of Ireland because I haven't gone to get a Garda card yet that is required to be here. Whoops. Luckily the guy trusted me and let me through- maybe it was the look of terror on my face or the badge that I'm wearing - whatever reason it was, I was cleared. I need to get a Garda card this week. But anyways it was a really neat experience being a part of the mission leadership council and seeing the inner workings of our mission and the revelation that comes to President Brown. He is just amazing. I love him and Sister Brown so much! It was good being there. Although most of the day I felt like we were intruding on their meetings or something. One of the elders told me that's how he felt when he first became a zone leader so that was good to hear. Maybe soon I'll feel more like I belong there! Haha it was really good though. Revelation is so cool. President Brown is so in tune with the spirit.
We were on exchanges this past week with the Baldoyle sisters (who also live in Dublin). This week we are travelling to Belfast, Ireland to be with the sisters there for a couple of days. They are about a 3 hour drive away. Some missionaries are starting to just call us the travelling sisters. Haha. That's not far off.
We're instructing for a portion of the Dublin zone meeting tomorrow for our first time. We're excited about the topic we're doing. It'll be fun, I'm just a little nervous since it's our first time.
We're working on getting the ball rolling in our own area. We're teaching a Catholic family of 4 from India. They've been Christians all their lives and moved here 10 years ago. They are so gracious and such a good family with good, strong values that we have in the church. They have family dinner every night, attend church every week, and read and pray together. We're teaching them again this week. They are so great!
We have another man we have started to teach named John. (I swear- I've only ever taught Johns or Jons on my mission I am pretty sure!) But he actually attended our church for a year back in the 90's but fell away from it. We are working with him to come back to it. He's originally from South Africa.
Last night we had an experience that really impacted me. We were crossing the street and a man on the other side approached us and said hello- clearly wanting to talk. We spoke with him; his name's Barrie. He's really at a low point in his life with choices that he has made recently and he's really seeking for direction in his life. We taught him for a while and helped him to understand the power of the atonement and also prayer. We taught him to pray and we had him say a prayer with us right now. He prayed vocally and sincerely for what he was needing and thanked Heavenly Father for allowing him to meet us. When he closed his heartfelt prayer, he immediately put his face in his hands and began softly weeping. It broke my heart. I felt so much love for him in that moment. I could truly feel of Heavenly Father's love for Barrie as he stood there in despair from the choices he made and the peace he felt when he had prayed. We were almost in tears watching Barrie cry- a grown, sober man. But it was such a good feeling inside to know that we have what he needs- what everyone needs. The gospel is the key to change around his life. I'm just so grateful to be a missionary! There are so many lost people. We're teaching Barrie and John tonight.
We need to run, but I'm loving being in Dublin. It's a completely different world than I was in in Irvine and Bathgate. When I have time, I will tell you more!
This gospel is true and it truly has the power to change and uplift lives!

I love you!

Sister Knab
Hi Everyone, we are so excited for all the great things Tiffany is getting to experience. She always includes her address at the bottom of her emails, but I don't feel comfortable putting that information on the blog. If you would like to send her a letter then leave a comment and I will get you her address. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment