Hey Fam,
It's been a really good member week for us here. We've been able to visit more of the members here in the ward in between our exchanges and it's been really good. We were visiting a member named Helen and her family from South Africa. After about 10 minutes of visiting with her, we were helping her chop vegetables for the dinner she was making us and she decided to invite her friend Lindy (who is also from South Africa) along her kids over to the house to meet us and have a lesson. So she threw more food together and called her friend's family over. We ended up having dinner with Lindy and her friends and we were able to teach them the Restoration and Lindy loved it. She wants to come to church! And her daughter is going to girl's camp with Helen's daughter. It was one of the most amazing lessons I've expereinced on my mission. It was so fun having both Helen's kids and Lindy's kids to teach. We taught the Restoration primary style - with pictures and interaction and things - it was so fun. I love teaching kids. And I was blown away at how intelligent their kids are with some of the answers they gave us.
We also went to a member's home (Sister Kelly) on Saturday and we gardened for her. Sister Kelly's friend, Iris, was over and came out and helped us. So we ended up teaching Iris after we gardened. It was pretty neat.
I feel like the missinary broadcast has done a lot of good for the members. We are noticing a differnece in the members here with inviting their friends to listen. I'm so grateful for that inspired broadcast that is blessing our lives as missionaries! We can't do this without the help of members....they make such a difference. On that note, there is a group of people here from BYU opening a Qualtrics office here in Dublin and they have moved together into our ward. They are all fired up about missionary work and inviting people they are meeting to come to church and also to play football with them on Saturdays. They are helping us out so much! With getting people to church...fellowshipping..
inviting our investigators places...it's amazing. I guess because they've served their own missions, they are pumped to be on the other end of things...being the type of member that looks, invites, and fellowships. I think a lot of good will start to happen in our ward with their help. It's a great scenario to work with.
I love Dublin. I'm already attached. It's a massive area- much much bigger than I am used to. It's a city life- which I am also not used to. But it's so fun. It's a fun change and I'm happy to be here.
This church is true and I feel so grateful to have all day every day working on helping people come to know that for themselves. It is so rewarding when we can sit in front of someone who has an open heart and wants to learn. It makes all of the difficult work worth it.
I love you all! Thanks for you support!
-Tiff
No comments:
Post a Comment