I attached some pictures-
5185: The Quayle Family :) They are so cute.
5193: Companionship photo
5166: Castle/Beach exploring on P-Days
0010: Last District Photo (Yesterday) before moves
Sorry I wasn't able to email last week. I'm okay! The library was just closed because of Easter. :) It was fun for me to see pictures of the easter egg hunt and hear from all of you as usual. I really can't believe how big the kids are getting!!! How can they change that much in just 8 months? It's so crazy... but fun to see how tall they are getting and their faces starting to mature and everything. Cutest little ones ever. I miss them and everyone and wish I could've been there for Easter! Easter isn't a big deal over here so we didn't see anyone celebrating too much so it was fun to see Easter pictures from back home! I've realized out here how much I love all of our family traditions we have - because we have A LOT and I love it!!! It's not a common thing I'm realizing. I love all of our family traditions, holiday traditions, and annual trips to Bear Lake and Bryce canyon and everything else we do as a family. Its so great!
Okay, as for us, things are going well! We had a crazy, busy past week with a zone meeting, an all day Smart Start conference (conference for new missionaries), and General Conference Saturday and Sunday. It was really busy as far as meetings and so that didn't leave as much time for proselyting but it was still a really good and everything we gained from those meetings has left us on a spiritual high. It's been really good.
Conference was so good huh?! We were able to watch all of the conferences except for Sunday afternoon session so we'll have to wait till we get our ensigns to catch up on that session. But conference is the best thing, and especially the best thing while out here. I appreciate it so much because not only are we able to receive inspiration for how we can improve ourselves as missionaries, but we also receive inspiration for how to improve our ward and area, as well as receive revelation for what our investigators need to hear for their concerns to be resolved. Most of the time, it's not even what is being said in the talks, but are clear impressions that come to mind while listening to the talks on what our investigators need to hear about or what changes we need to make in the work or ideas about better involving members in the work. Ah. I just love how the spirit works. And I'm so grateful for it out here and Sister Passey and I are anxious to apply the inspirations we both received this weekend. Good stuff.
As for an update on a few of the people we are teaching- our investigators Jon (33 years old) and Eric (62 years old) are really progressing well. They've both been coming to church for a few weeks now. Eric is scheduled to be baptized on April 28th and Jon is scheduled to be baptized on May 5th. Quick story about Jon from Friday- we were finishing up teaching him our lesson and he was asking us what he needs to do to be ready for his baptism and so we went into a review of the qualifications to be baptized and repentance and so forth for about ten minutes and then he was like, 'Oh. I just meant, do I need to bring a change of clothes to my baptism?' Haha. We felt so stupid. But it's okay- made us laugh. Jon was telling us how he received some bad news about some of his finances last Wednesday, but because he had read the Book of Mormon that morning like he does on a daily basis, he told us that he felt calm about it and that everything would be okay. He related the peace he felt to the fact that he had read his scriptures that morning. So good. He gets it! He also always mentions how the Book of Mormon gives him confidence about his future and helps him feel calm and at peace. So good. I love the questions he comes up with too from his studies. We always have a nice discussion from what he discovers in the Book of Mormon. He's still having a few doubts but he's willing to pray about things so I'm confident his doubts will be resolved because he's willing to find out. Eric is also doing well. He doesn't have any religious background at all and has never had a belief in anything so everything is a completely new concept to him. But he's soaking it all in like a sponge and really building his faith!
We have a handful of other investigators that we are teaching who are slowly but surely coming along. Hopefully things will pick up with them but I guess it's really on everyone's own timetable. One of them is 15 years old- Caitlin- who's a granddaughter of a member. She wants to be a chef and is going to school for it so Friday night we decided to make dinner with her and she loved that idea. It was a lot of fun. So she teaches us how to be better cooks and we teach her the gospel. Works out. :)
Sister Durning, our recent convert, is doing well too! She's really into family history right now and is currently working on her mom's line. She's looking forward to doing her mom's work in the temple. She loves that her mom, who has passed away already, can be baptized in the temple. So we're teaching her all about temple work and family history right now. It's fun to be with her when she's experiencing all of this! Yesterday was her first general conference. She was watching it with some ladies in the ward in Paisley and we were watching it in Ayr so I'm excited to talk to her about how she liked it.
Well, I think that's it as far as updates! We got our transfers call last night and Sister Passey and I are staying in Irvine but that wasn't a surprise- we were already planning on that really since we're only half way through the training program. Oh guess what? We're getting 13 new sisters week!! Pretty crazy. It's quite the shipment of sisters. It's so exciting. So almost every sister in the mission will be training once they come haha. So great.
I love you all! Hope you have a good week!
Love,
Sister Knab
No comments:
Post a Comment