Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 25, 2013

Hey my Fam,

It was good to hear from everyone as always. I love hearing about what's going on for everyone! This was a busy week for us with an all Scotland conference up in Edinburgh where Elder Kerr addressed us on member work which was really inspiring and gave us a lot of ideas to implement in our work and then we had exchanges with the Pollock sisters the next 2 days after that. We're keeping busy with the people we are teaching right now - things are going pretty well for us! I briefly mentioned last week about an Irish man that we met on the streets. We taught him the Restoration on Saturday and it was in the top 5 first lessons I've been in since being here. It was amazing. This man is prepared!! He's staying in Irvine for 3 months for business. He's a very business professional type man, and probably in his 40's. When we were teaching him, I felt like we should have had a projector set up with slideshows of graphs and figures for him or something. But even though he's kind of intimidating, he's really a nice guy. It was a great lesson we had with him. He told us how he works with a man who's a Mormon and he's always noticed how happy he is and how this Mormon friend of his is the only person he knows that looks forward to going to his church on Sundays and is satisfied with his church. John's been a Catholic all his life but he was telling us that he's not getting out of it what he would like to be and that he's open to change. (So prepared. I'm telling you- it's crazy.) So anyways, he's reading the Book of Mormon and for the next 6 weeks he will be in Dumfriese, Scotland and so we are passing him on to the elders in Dumfriese for the next 6 weeks until he makes it back to Irvine. So he's attending church in Dumfriese and will continue to be taught there for now! It was just amazing to me how much influence members have on their friends. This member friend of his, has no idea right now that his coworker is investigating the church simply because he has expressed how much he loves the church and looks forward to going every Sunday. A simple example like that can go a long way! You just never know who will be prepared to hear the gospel. I love this work so much. Life is good with Sister Passey! It's freezing in Scotland right now- the coldest wind I've ever felt in my life- but we're surviving it! I hope everyone has a good week!

Love,
Sister Knab

No comments:

Post a Comment