We are freezing. These past 2 weeks have been the wildest weather I have experienced on my mission! We experienced some amazingly strong winds these past weeks! I heard up to 120mph. Not sure how accurate that is, but it sure felt like it! Trees are blowing over, floods are happening in Southern Ireland, and people aren't leaving their homes. It's crazy! This past week we were up in Northern Ireland in Belfast working with a couple of sets of sisters up there. Up there they have a few inches of snow and are getting snowy blizzards with the same force of wind. It was a wild week being out and about in that kind of weather. It almost felt like we were in survival mode! But amidst the horrible weather, we were miraculously able to find some new people to teach in the Belfast sisters' areas. I definitely believe that some of the most prepared people are out in that stuff! When someone is standing there talking to us while being soaked and blown to pieces, it really tells a lot about their desires to find the right church.
We seem to be struggling with a lot of our sisters getting all sorts of illnesses because of the weather. A good number of sisters are having to stay in the flat because of it. No good. I've never felt so blessed and grateful to have a heated car! When we go to the sisters' areas and we use our car to work with them, I feel like we have a rescue wagon when they jump into our car to warm up and de-thaw. I wish all of the missionaries could have a car right now! It is bitter cold right now. But sacrifice always brings forth blessings so that's what we cling to right now.
I love the chance to work with all of the sisters again. I always learn so much each and every exchange and they really bless my life! There are some amazing girls out here right now and it is so fun to work so closely with them- even when they are frozen popsicles.
I love you all! Thanks for all of your support and prayers!
Sister Knab
No comments:
Post a Comment