Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sister Tiffany Knab is being transferre​d to open a new area in Waterford, Ireland and train a new sister!

My Cute Family,

This has been a CRAZY week. Thursday was our mission leadership council in Edinburgh. Because of our flight times, our day went from 3:00AM - 11:30PM. Haha. It was nuts. Who knew I would ever experience a schedule like that on my mission? Haha. But the meetings were amazing. It was one of those meetings that we felt so good afterwards with what we accomplished. Ideas were free flowing and we all seemed to be on the same page, the spirit was strong, and we decided on some drastic changes to the mission that I am so excited about. We're onto something! It's always so evident when the spirit confirms to us that it's the right way to go, because there is such a strong sense of excitement and clarity that comes to our minds. It was the best leadership council I've attended. Very Productive and amazing results will begin to happen- I just know it.

Onto a more somber note, Dominique was supposed to be baptized yesterday after church. He was doing incredible, passed his interview on Thursday, and was on fire this week, then on Saturday we had an appointment with him and he wasn't home for it. We tried calling and he didn't answer. We finally got a hold of him Sunday morning (the day of his baptism) and he told us he doesn't know if he should be baptized. He told his family about his baptism and they kind of freaked out and he has been experiencing a lot of opposition from them. He wants to hold off on the baptism for now. We were so bummed! We had to phone around the ward and cancel the plans for the baptism. It was awful. We tried to get word around the best we could, but a few investigators still showed up to the baptism after church and we just about died inside. But Sister Morgan had a great idea of throwing a baptismal fireside so we invited those that came to the baptismal font room and had a little baptismal fireside where we talked about baptism and answered the investigator's questions and showed them the font and the clothing used for it. Ugh. It was so bad though. Opposition is so strong on the week of people's baptisms!! It's unreal. It always comes in some form or another. But I think Dominique will come around. I bet he'll be baptized in the next few weeks. He says he still has a testimony of the things we have taught him, he's just struggling that his family is so upset with him. He'll get there.

I won't be able to see Dominique's re-scheduled baptism though...because we got transfer news last night and I'm being moved! :( I was so devastated! My heart seriously hurts so much. I love my life here in Dublin. And the Terenure Ward feels like home to me. I have been so happy here. It has been a dream! I love serving in Dublin. I woke up this morning with a massive headache because of how much I was crying last night over leaving the Terenure Ward. Haha. I'm such a baby. I have never felt so loved by a ward and loved a ward so much though. I can't believe I'm leaving them. I feel like they're my family. Ugh, it makes me feel sick. So there have been rumors floating around that an additional sister's area would be opened up here in Ireland but we weren't sure if it was true. Well, I found out with my moves call that it is true. Haha. I'm being transferred to open up a new sister's area in Waterford, Ireland and training a new missionary that's coming in. Quite the adventure! I'm sure I'll be more excited about it once I'm in the adrenaline rush of picking up my trainee and heading to this new area but right now I'm having a sad puppy face. But Waterford does sound like it will be pretty fun. I don't know how big the area is, but it's just a small branch of members and they don't even have a normal church building. I've always wanted to experience serving in a small branch before. The branch has been told that sisters will be opening an area there and I've been told that they are super excited about it. So it sounds like we'll be in a good situation with the members there. It'll be fun to get to know them and to get to know my new trainee. I'll be flying to Edinburgh to pick her up and then coming back on ferry with her with her luggage. (It's cheaper that way) Haha.

But for now, I have to face saying goodbyes today and tomorrow and packing...blah. It'll be okay though. I'll be more pumped up once I'm in the swing of things with the new area and picking up my companion.

That's all for now. I love you all lots and lots!

PS- The new address below is my new address.
PSS- I attached a few pictures from last P-Day with my companions from this past transfer- Sister Morgan and Sister Lewis. I realized I never sent you pictures of them. Sorry!




No comments:

Post a Comment